How to set up a Mobile Web Form
In order to set up your mobile web form you will need the following:
- Logo - The recommended size is 320 x 120 pixels as a jpg or png file. If you don’t have that size available, you can try uploading the logo and then check to see how it looks by texting in to your community keyword and clicking the mobile web form link to see how it looks.
PLEASE NOTE: You will need to go through the process to create the web form at one time. You are not able to save a partially created form.
- Login to mGive.com
- Click Tools tab at top
- Find Mobile Web Forms
- Click blue “Create” button on right
- Choose keyword (a mobile web form keyword must already be created)
- Complete fields on Optin Page Content page (see questions on form in graphic below)
- Click Save Your Mobile Web Page (orange button)
- You will now be able to see full preview of the web form
If you would like to create additional custom questions:
- Click on “Data Collection” tab – if you want to ask any custom questions, go to Data Collection section, choose a name for the Custom field that will be used in the reporting (it will only be seen in the reports)
- Leave Text Field Type as “Single Line of text”
- In “Display Name” type out the full question along with the answers you would want them to use.
For example: Would you be interested in volunteering? Reply Yes or No.
What best describes you? Reply with Volunteer, Donor, Supporter, Staff
- Click Add Custom Field (orange button)
If you would like to add a donation option:
- Click on Donation Content tab
- Choose the keyword where you want the donations to go
- Click Add button (orange button)
(You will not see the <Submit and Donate> button in the preview)
If you would like to choose custom colors for your web form:
- Click on Color Picker tab
- Click on box under each header and choose color
- Click Save Your Colors (orange button)
It is always recommended that you opt-in to your keyword and complete the web form so that you are familiar with the process. You are able to edit the web form at any time.